Google Workspace Referral Programme Agreement
This Google Workspace Referral Programme Agreement ('Agreement') is entered into by Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. (Co. Reg. No. 200817984R) ('Google') and the referring party executing this Agreement ('Participant'). This Agreement governs the Participant’s participation in the Google Workspace for Business Referral Programme described herein (the 'Programme). You represent and warrant that: (i) you have full legal authority to enter into this Agreement, (ii) you have read and understand the Agreement and (iii) you agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not have legal authority to enter into this Agreement or do not agree to these terms, please do not click to accept this Agreement below. j
This Agreement is effective between the Participant and Google as of the date the Participant electronically accepts this Agreement.
- 'Custom URL' means the unique URL or Domains Widget to be provided by Google to the Participant and which will correlate Eligible Referrals submitted by the Participant to the Participant’s Programme account.
- 'Eligible Referral' means an eligible new customer lead for the direct online purchase of the Services directly from Google, excluding Ineligible Referrals.
- 'Google Workspace Services' or 'Services' means the Google Workspace core services generally sold by Google as Google Workspace and further described here: https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_sg/terms/user_features.html, as such URL and Services description may be updated by Google from time to time.
- 'Incentives' means redeemable coupons, promotional codes or other incentives for use by the Participant in promoting and marketing the Services under this Agreement.
- 'Ineligible Referrals' means government-controlled entities and any of their employees, political parties and candidates, Services customers of resellers and any other individuals or entities already in Google’s systems.
- 'Participant' means a member of the Programme with a primary place of business or residence in the Territory that is a business, entity or other individual with a valid tax ID number but may not include (i) government-controlled entities and any of their employees, (ii) political parties and candidates, and (iii) representatives, agents or employees of Google.
- “Program Guide” means any set of applicable Program terms in addition to this Agreement that Google may make available to Participant via the Resource Portal and that will govern Participant's continued participation in the Program, provided at https://goo.gl/ZadYdo
- 'Referral' is a new customer lead for Services submitted by the Participant, via its Custom URL, to Google.
- 'Referral Fees' means the fees to be paid by Google to the Participant for Eligible Referrals that result in a Valid Transaction in a given country within the Territory. Referral Fees are designated at the following URL (or such alternative URL as Google may designate): https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_sg/landing/partners/referral/countries.html.
- 'Resource Portal' means the website provided by Google to the Participant containing Programme resource tools and information.
- 'Territory' is limited to the geographic regions listed under 'Asia Pacific' at the following URL (or such alternative URL as Google may designate): https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_sg/landing/partners/referral/countries.html
- 'Valid Transaction' is a closed sale for Services originating through a Participant’s Custom URL and which is made online directly between an Eligible Referral and Google in compliance with the requirements for the payment of Referral Fees, in accordance with section 7.1.
Programme overview. In compliance with this Agreement, the Participant will promote the Services only to Eligible Referrals located in the Territory. The Participant will not market the Services to any Ineligible Referrals. Google will provide the Participant with a Custom URL for the purpose of correlating any Eligible Referrals resulting in a Valid Transaction under this Agreement. Google may issue Incentives to the Participant in accordance with the restrictions and guidelines in this Agreement. As applicable, and subject to the requirements herein, the Participant may include on its website and in its marketing materials for the Services the Custom URL provided by Google. A Valid Transaction must always originate from the Participant’s Custom URL to qualify for Referral Fees.
Google may elect to create an applicable Programme Guide which may include updates regarding applicable Referral Fees, Incentives and other relevant Programme details. The terms of any such Programme Guide are made part of this Agreement and will control over any conflicting term in the body of this Agreement.
- Distribution of the Custom URL and Incentives. Participant will use best efforts to distribute the Custom URL and Incentives: (a) only to Eligible Referrals; and (b) only after Google has approved the distribution by providing the Participant with the Custom URL and any applicable Incentives. All marketing material (including, without limitation, the text of email distributions, if any) must be (i) strictly consistent with any Programme instructions provided by Google and (ii) compliant with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all applicable marketing, privacy and data protection laws and governmental regulations. Any email distribution must: (x) offer recipients the ability to opt out of future Participant communications; and (y) contain the Google governing Terms and Conditions for any Incentives when offered. At Google’s request, the Participant will block the distribution of the Custom URL and Incentives to parties as Google designates, at its sole discretion, consistent with applicable laws.
- Compliance. In addition to the other legal requirements in this Agreement, the
Participant expressly agrees to comply with the following:
- Anti-Bribery Laws and Reporting. Participant will comply with all applicable commercial and public anti-bribery laws ('Anti-Bribery Laws'), including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 and the UK Bribery Act of 2010, which prohibit corrupt offers of anything of value, either directly or indirectly to anyone, including government officials, to obtain or keep business or to secure any other improper commercial advantage. 'Government officials' include any government employee, candidate for public office and employee of government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organisations and political parties. Furthermore, the Participant will not make any facilitation payments, which are payments to induce officials to perform routine functions that they are otherwise obliged to perform. If the Participant becomes aware of suspicious, illegal or fraudulent activity occurring in relation to this Agreement, the Participant will report the suspicious or fraudulent activity to Google within 24 hours of identifying the suspicious or fraudulent activity via https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_sg/landing/partners/referral/contact.html.
- Export control laws The Participant will comply with all applicable export controls, including, but not limited to, the United States Department of Commerce's Export Administration Regulations and sanctions programmes administered by the United States Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Acceptable Use policy. The Participant will not send, post, transmit or otherwise use any Google provided content, including the Google name or the Services, in connection with any materials, sites or otherwise that: (i) will generate or facilitate unsolicited bulk commercial emails; (ii) will, or otherwise encourage, the violation of the legal rights of others; (iii) is for an unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory or fraudulent purpose; (iv) contains obscene or pornographic content.
- Certification. By submitting a Referral to Google, the Participant represents, warrants and certifies to Google that each such submission will be: (i) reasonably made in good faith as an Eligible Referral, (ii) comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, without limitation, as described above and (iii) the Participant is not otherwise restricted from providing the Referral to Google or acting as a Participant in the Programme.
- Termination and modification of terms. Google may at any time and in its sole discretion: (i) modify or update the terms of, including but not limited to, the Programme, this Agreement, Incentives (and their governing terms and conditions) and will make such modified or updated terms available in writing, or (ii) revoke a Participant's account and/or terminate the Participant’s participation in the Programme in its entirety. If Google provides the Participant with an updated Custom URL or Incentives (and applicable terms and conditions), the Participant agrees to begin using them and will be subject to such updated versions no later than 30 days after receiving them.
Brand Features. Each party will own all right, title and interest to trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and domain names that it secures from time to time ('Brand Feature(s)'). Subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement (including, without limitation, the following sentence), Google grants to the Participant a non-exclusive and non-sublicensable licence during the Term to display Google’s Brand Features only to the extent that Brand Features are provided by Google for use with the Programme as indicated through the Resource Portal and solely for the limited purpose of promoting the Services consistent with this Agreement. Additionally, all use of Google Brand Features is at Google’s sole discretion and subject to Google’s then-current Brand Feature use guidelines currently located at https://www.google.com/intl/en_sg/permissions/guidelines.html, as such URL may be updated from time to time by Google.
Subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, the Participant grants to Google a non-exclusive and non-sublicensable licence during the Term to display the Participant’s Brand Features solely for the purpose of marketing the Programme or as otherwise mutually agreed upon (email permitted).
- Referral Fees. Google will pay Participant a one-time Referral Fee for each Eligible Referral’s end user that results in a Valid Transaction, to be paid on up to a maximum of 100 end users per Valid Transaction, and a maximum of 200 end users per calendar year, in the aggregate, in the fee amount described at the following URL: https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_sg/landing/partners/referral/countries.html (or such other URL as Google may designate from time to time). The Referral Fee and relevant currency of the Referral Fee will be determined based on the country that the Participant is located in. Referral Fees may also differ based on the location of the Eligible Referral. Referral Fees will be calculated by using the lowest quantity of Eligible Referral end users purchased during the period beginning as of the 15th day of initial Services payment through the completion of the 90 days period described in (d) below (provided all other Valid Transaction requirements are met). A Valid Transaction will only take place when an Eligible Referral: (a) registers online directly with Google using a valid payment instrument for the purchase of Services; (b) purchase originates from a Custom URL correlating to the Participant’s account; (c) does not already have, directly or indirectly, a Services subscription; (d) has been invoiced for and from whom Google has received payment for, at least a minimum period of 90 days for a subscription on the same primary Services domain; and (e) where all the foregoing occurs during the Participant’s period of participation in the Programme. Google may, at its sole option, prospectively increase or decrease Referral Fee amounts by providing written notice (email/electronic communication permitted) to the Participant or updating this Agreement and/or any applicable Programme Guide. Google reserves the right, at its sole discretion, not to pay any Referral Fees to the Participant where Google determines that the Participant’s actions are not consistent with the intent of this Programme.
- Incentives. Google may elect to provide the Participant with Incentives to offer its Eligible Referrals from time to time. Use of any applicable Incentives will be subject to the governing terms and conditions, as provided by Google.
Payment process. In order for the Participant to receive any Referral Fees, the Participant must first complete the required vendor payment form, as required by Google, and maintain a valid banking account within the Territory. Google will pay the Participant the Referral Fees in the form of a electronic funds transfer to the banking account as indicated by the Participant via the Programme registration process and completion of the required vendor payment form. Additional payment terms may need to be accepted by the Participant for the payment of Referrals Fees to the Participant’s banking account. Referral fees will be issued to the Participant on a monthly basis. All amounts referenced or payable under this Agreement are in the currency reflected on: https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_sg/landing/partners/referral/countries.html, unless Google notifies otherwise.
The Participant is solely responsible for ensuring that its account information is accurate and current. Google will not be responsible for any payments not received due to the Participant failing to provide accurate and complete account information for payment
- Taxes. The Participant is responsible for all taxes (if any) associated with the referrals, other than taxes based on Google’s net income. All Referral Fee payments to the Participant from Google in relation to the referrals will be treated as inclusive of tax (if applicable) and will not be adjusted. If Google is obligated to withhold any taxes from its payments to the Participant, Google will notify the Participant of this and will make the payments net of the withheld amounts. Google will provide the Participant with original or certified copies of tax payments (or other sufficient evidence of tax payments) if any of these payments are made by Google.
- Restrictions. The Participant will not, and will not allow any third party to: (a) 'frame', minimise, remove or otherwise inhibit the full and complete display of any Google web page; (b) cause any hyperlinks to web pages on the Google website to create a new browser window; or (c) otherwise display Google web pages or Brand Features in a distorted or diluted fashion.
- Term; termination. The Term will continue until terminated by either party, as provided herein. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately, with or without cause, upon written notice to the other party (email notice permitted). Upon any termination or expiry of this Agreement, all licences and rights granted will terminate and each party will have no right to use the Brand Features of the other party. In the event of a termination, the Participant will only receive Referral Fees that were earned in full for a Valid Transaction that occurred prior to the effective termination date. Termination notices to Google must be sent via https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_sg/landing/partners/referral/contact.html.
- Confidentiality. The Participant may not disclose the terms, conditions or existence of any non-public aspect of the Programme to any third party, except to its professional advisors under a strict duty of confidentiality, or as necessary to comply with law.
- Disclaimers; limitation of liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH PARTY MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PROGRAMME AND CUSTOM URL IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND AT THE PARTICIPANT’S OPTION AND RISK AND GOOGLE DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY RESULTS. EXCEPT FOR (I) BREACHES OF SECTION 4 (COMPLIANCE), (ii) BREACHES OF SECTION 6 (BRAND FEATURES) AND (iii) SECTION 12 (INDEMNIFICATION), TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OR TYPE OF CLAIM: (A) NO PARTY MAY BE HELD LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR ARISING OUT OF PERFORMANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES, EVEN IF THE PARTY IS AWARE OR SHOULD KNOW THAT SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES ARE POSSIBLE AND EVEN IF DIRECT DAMAGES DO NOT SATISFY A REMEDY AND (B) NO PARTY MAY BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE AGGREGATE OF MORE THAN THE AMOUNT PAID BY GOOGLE TO PARTICIPANT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE DATE OF THE ACTIVITY GIVING RISE TO THE FIRST CLAIM.
- Indemnification. The Participant will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Google, its agents, affiliates and licensors from any third-party claim or liability arising out of: (a) the Participant’s participation in the Programme; (b) the Participant’s website(s), Participant Brand Features and Google’s use of any Participant content (provided that such use complies with the requirements of the Agreement); and (c) the Participant’s breach of the Agreement.
- Representations and warranties. The Participant warrants that (a) the Participant will use all information provided by Google (including without limitation the Google Brand Features) in a manner that complies with applicable law, (b) the Participant will clearly and conspicuously display the text of the applicable terms and conditions for Incentives provided to Customers in accordance with this Agreement and (c) the Participant will conduct all activities in furtherance of this Agreement in accordance with applicable law (and) (d) the Participant will comply, on a continuing basis, with applicable laws, legal duties and contractual and other legal obligations to its customers in respect of any Incentives or Referral Fees it receives under this Agreement, including without limitation any obligation to disclose the receipt of payments and/or pass any portion to its customers.
- Assignment. No party may assign any part of this Agreement without the written consent of the other, except that Google may assign to an affiliate where: (a) the assignee has agreed in writing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement; (b) the assigning party remains liable for obligations under the Agreement if the assignee defaults on them; and (c) the assigning party has notified the other party of the assignment. Any other attempt to assign is void.
- Miscellaneous. All notices, unless otherwise stated herein, must be in writing and addressed to the attention of the other party's Legal Department and primary point of contact. Notice will be deemed given when delivered (a) when verified by written receipt, if sent by personal courier, overnight courier or mail, or (b) when verified by automated receipt of electronic logs, if sent by facsimile or email. The Participant will not assign or otherwise transfer its rights or delegate its obligations under the Agreement, in whole or in part, and any attempt to do so will be null and void. The Agreement is not intended to benefit, nor shall it be deemed to give rise to any rights in any third party. This Agreement is governed by Californian law, excluding California’s choice of law rules. ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LITIGATED EXCLUSIVELY IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, USA, AND THE PARTIES CONSENT TO PERSONAL JURISDICTION IN THOSE COURTS. The parties are independent contractors and the Agreement does not create any agency, partnership or joint venture. No party is liable for inadequate performance to the extent caused by a condition that was beyond its reasonable control. Failure to enforce any provision will not constitute a waiver. If any provision is found unenforceable, the balance of the provisions will remain in full force and effect. In the event of any termination or expiry of the Agreement, Sections 5, 9, 10, 11 and 12 shall survive. This Agreement is the parties' entire agreement relating to its subject and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements on that subject. Any amendments must be in writing and executed by both parties (electronic form acceptable).