Google’s policies play an important role in maintaining a positive user experience. Please follow these policies when using the Hangouts calling features (the "Calling Features"). Google may review potential policy violations and take action in its discretion, including limiting or terminating a user’s access to the Calling Features.Spam and Commercial Use
- Do not send or facilitate the transmission of spam, large numbers of commercial
messages, or automated messages. Such activity includes, but is not limited to:
- sending commercial or promotional messages to a large number of users, or sending messages in bulk;
- sending messages via an automated process, such as a script;
- sending unwanted or mass solicitation;
- placing calls in violation of laws prohibiting unsolicited marketing calls (e.g., "do-not-call laws");
- data mining any web property (including Google) to find phone numbers;
- selling, exchanging, or distributing to a third party the phone numbers of any person without such person’s consent to such disclosure.
- Do not use the Calling Features to threaten, bully, or harass.
- Do not impersonate another person (via the use of a telephone number or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any phone call.
- Do not infringe on the intellectual property of others (including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, and other proprietary rights), and do not encourage or induce infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Do not distribute other people’s personal and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords, without their permission.
- Do not use the Calling Features to engage in or promote illegal activities.
- Do not transmit viruses, malware, or any other malicious or destructive code. Do not use the Calling Features in a way that harms or interferes with the operation of the networks, servers, or other infrastructure of Google or others.
- Do not abuse the Calling Features, and do not interfere with other users’
enjoyment of the Calling Features. For example:
- Do not use the Calling Features to data mine phone numbers or other information.
- Do not automate Google’s system to place phone calls or send messages automatically.
- Do not forward to phone numbers that aren’t your own or under your control.
- Do not create multiple user accounts, and do not create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses.
- Do not sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer the Calling Features.
- Do not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Calling Features.
- Do not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Calling Features.
- Do not reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Calling Features.