chromebookInventory enables download and update of the metadata and Org Units of enrolled Chrome devices direct from a Google Sheet.
The chromebookInventory script is for super-admins only, to be used on Google Apps domains with Chrome Device Management Console licenses -- used to manage Chromebooks. This script allows you to both export and update your Chromebook inventory via a Google Sheet.
- Export your entire inventory of Chrome devices into a Google Sheet, including all of the following metadata: etag, Org Unit Path, Serial Number, Platform Version, Device Id, Status, Last Enrollment Time, Firmware Version, Last Sync, OS Version, Boot Mode, Annotated Location', Notes, and Annotated user.
- Make edits to Org unit, Annotated location, Notes, and Annotated user and update your Chrome console directly from any Google Sheet.
- Schools need to keep accurate records of device inventory, including assigned user, device location, and additional notes regarding things like device-condition. This tool makes the work easier.
- No more need for the extra time and expense of barcode scanning upon unboxing -- this tool pulls device serial numbers right from the Chrome Admin console to your Google spreadsheet, along with any metadata you've assigned the machines in Google's Admin panel.
- Helpful for bulk-updating OU on devices following enrollment.