Create Google Docs or PDF documents based on a individual Google Docs template and merge Google Sheets content like texts, links and images.
The Google Docs Creator add-on from apps experts features a classic mail merge function for Google Docs! Create Google Docs templates as a Google Document and maintain individual personalized content, such as customer master data, price information and addresses in Google Sheets. Create marketing oder customer specific documents with indvidiual text, links and images.
Help and Support:
We are providing a short quick start guide and a detailed user manual. You can also contact our support team directly if you have any questions or problems. For more information please check out our support center:
- Create Google Docs documents automatically based on any individual google doc template.
- Merge individual customer or employee master data in your docs documents automatically.
- Create marketing or customer specific mail letters with individual images and links.
- Create and share documents automatically and merge customer or company specific content similar to a classic mail merge
- Reduce maintenance and update efforts because data is only maintained once in your sheet
- Individualize your docs automatically with any text content and links to documents or insert images dynamically.
- Create documents and send them direclty via email. Attach your created documents as PDF or share them via link.
1. If you have installed Docs Creator add-on correctly just open a spreadsheet and check for menu item Add-ons → Docs Creator
2. Maintain your content, links and refer to images or charts in your spreadsheet. Make sure to define column header in row 1 of your Google Sheet. Later you can refer to them by using column headers as placeholders.
Example: Name, Address, Jobtitle, ...
3. Create or change a Google Docs document in your Google Drive storage. To use it as google doc template document just refer to your sheet content by using placeholders based on your defined column headers wrapped by a %-Symbol at the beginning and end. Example: %Name%, %Address%, %Jobtitle%,...
Please note that the placeholders, apart from the percentage at the start and end, must be identical to the column headers used in the Google Sheet it is also case-sensitive.
4. Based on any template in Google Docs create documents an merge your contents by starting one of the following menu items:
- Merge selected rows
- Merge all rows
- Merge selected rows to print
- Merge all rows for to print
When using the add-on for the first time you are asked to select a Google doc template that is used as template for creation of your documents. You can change the chosen template at any time over Settings menu item.
5. After creation of your google docs documents in your Drive storage a link is automatically created in your Google Sheet in column “Protocol Docs Creator”, so you can open the new created documents directly.
For further information please follow this link:
Docs Creator is a popular classic mail merge / document merge add-on available in the Google Workspace Marketplace and an alternative to Add-ons like Autocrat by New Visions Cloudlab, Document Studio by Digital Inspiration, Merge Factory by PCAdd-ons and Avery Label Merge.
Some add-on features are only available in our premium version of Docs Creator Add-on. By using Free-Version of the add-on you can create up to 10 Google Docs documents at once at a maximum of 50 documents per day. By using one of our premium versions you can also filter your datasets based on conditions, create documents in PDF format and sent them directly via email.