Combine two Google sheets based on common columns.
Five simple steps of Merge Sheets will guide you through the process of joining data from two tables. You no longer need to waste your time on building complex VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH formulas or copy-pasting data manually to join two sheets.
If you have at least one common column in both tables, e.g. product ID, the add-on will update current values for the same records and/or insert all the missing information.
You will benefit from Merge Sheets since it does the following in one go:
• Update existing values (e.g. replace old prices with new ones)
• Update all or only empty and new cells
• Bring only non-blank cells from the lookup sheet
• Pull additional columns with new records (e.g. add a column with discounts)
The tool quickly compares key columns and finds all the necessary updates, no vlookup formulas needed. Besides, there are ways to mark the changes:
- highlight them with colors
- identify them in a status column
- clear the existing coloring
You can use Merge Sheets whenever you need to merge two tables and draw the latest changes to the main one.
30 DAYS OF FREE USE
Fully functional 30-day trial period. All payments are secure and include an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you have any questions about the add-on, please post them here:
We'll be happy to assist!
Merge Sheets is a proud member of the Ablebits product family. We build add-ons that help you make the most of Google Workspace. Visit our official website to learn more:
***** V1.10 (5 May 2021) *****
- Since you can add spreadsheets to merge from Drive, we made it possible to start the add-on even if there's one sheet in the file.
- Auto select the entire range by clicking the gray rectangle between column and row headers.
- The width of the status column now expands automatically to fit its contents.
- The scenarios menu changed a bit: instead of 2 separate menus to 'Run' and 'View & manage', you will see a list of all saved scenarios under the corresponding menu item. Pick the scenario you need, and you'll be able to start or edit it.
- Minor UX improvements.
- Added only up to 10 files from Shared Drive.
- Step2 didn't load if the add-on was run from a file with one sheet with hidden columns.
- Errored if your 'Data validation' rules prevented the tool from editing the cells.
- The 'Auto detect' button didn't revert matching columns to their default state after picking them manually.
1. Couldn't save scenarios if options for your table headers were selected on Step3.
2. Didn't work right after making changes to scenario settings in the 'View & manage scenario' menu.
3. Didn't work if run on the sheet with blank headers.
- Didn't change the name of the main sheet if the add-on was started from a Chart sheet.
- Minor UX and UI fixes.
***** V1.9 *****
★ New features ★
- Merge sheets from different spreadsheets. Your lookup table doesn't have to be in the same spreadsheet as your main table anymore. You can select any file from your Drive on the second step and pick any sheet in it as a lookup one.
- Decide where to place the result. The related option on the last step offers not only to update your main table but also out the outcome to a new spreadsheet.
- UX: auto-select behaviour. Now the add-on highlights only the table where your cursor stands rather than an entire used range.
- UI: images as hints are added. These schemes show how certain settings work. Each option has an "i" button next to its name. Click on it to open a related scheme within the add-on.
- UI: minor text alignment changes in some messages.
- The lookup range loaded too long if A1 cell was hidden/filtered.
***** V1.8 *****
★ New features ★
- Scenarios. Save the options you use most often and give this set a name – this is your scenario. Once you run it, your data will be processed right away, and you won't need to go over the same steps again.
- Match case. Consider records in key columns as matching only if they are written in the same text case.
- Increased cell limit support. Now you can merge data till hitting the limit of 5 million cells per a spreadsheet.
- If Data validation rules are violated on your sheet, the add-on now explains what cells interfere with its work.
- Couldn't select a lookup sheet if the main sheet is opened on Step 2.
- Update only if cells from the lookup sheet contain data: "0" (zero) was treated as an empty cell.
***** V1.7 *****
- UX; the add-on will offer the most possible actions and warn about possible mistakes and lags.
- Range selector UX. If you had slow Internet connection or server response, you could get an incorrect range. We've significantly reduced that possibility.
- Small screens and minor issues UIs.
- Performance. The new version of the add-on processes colored cells faster.
- Removing Alternating colors.
- Processing cells with dates.
- Corrupting main table formatting.
***** V1.6 *****
You can use sheets with any data amount! There is only one limitation - Google spreadsheet can’t contain more than 2 million cells.
-Formulas were replaced with values
-The add-on considered the same data with different format unequal
-Processing large amounts of data
-Progress bar with percentage has been added
-Auto select range
We introduced yearly subscriptions, you can still enjoy a fully-functional trial version of the add-on for 30 days.
***** V1.5 *****
-The add-on prevented from choosing a sheet on Step 2