Find, highlight, combine, and remove duplicates in Google Sheets.
The user-proven #1 solution for managing duplicates and uniques across your spreadsheets. More than 1,500,000 installs and thousands of happy users!
Spotting duplicates in hundreds of rows of data can be a pain in the neck. Luckily, Remove Duplicates was designed to do it for you on the fly so that you can spare your time for more meaningful tasks.
WHY THIS ADD-ON IS BETTER THAN OTHER KNOWN METHODS
Remove Duplicates is easy to use and comes with a wide range of options for handling duplicates and uniques. This is something you just can’t find in other available methods such as Google App Scripts, =UNIQUE, or conditional formatting:
• No need to use the Script Editor, macros, formulas or coding
• Duplicates deleted automatically right away, saving your time
• Search across two sheets and consider text case if needed
• Save your search as a scenario for later use
HOW REMOVE DUPLICATES WORKS
The add-on offers the following five features performed in just five or less simple steps — no coding, no formulas required:
1. Find duplicate or unique rows
This feature is designed to identify duplicate or unique rows within a Google Sheet and manage them further (highlight, remove, move to another tab and even more).
2. Quick Dedupe
This is a one-step alternative of the first feature. While offering the same options to process duplicates (remove, highlight, copy, move, label), it immediately deduplicates your entire table.
3. Find duplicate or unique cells
With this feature, you can find and highlight identical or unique content within cells in just a few clicks. Duplicate cells will never escape your attention again.
4. Compare columns or sheets
Multiple tabs and columns are often used to keep track of records as they change over time. This tool will help you easily compare two sheets or columns and quickly spot alterations and identicals.
5. Combine duplicate rows
If removing duplicates is not an option, you can merge cells from duplicate rows with this tool. Just pick your columns with dupes, set delimiters to your liking, and combine related values from other columns. Or benefit from 14 built-in functions to calculate numbers from duplicate rows instead.
Each of the features empowers you with an array of actions to take on the content:
• Highlight duplicates or uniques with your favorite color
• Clear rows/cells
• Delete rows/cells
• Copy to another spreadsheet
• Move to another spreadsheet
• Mark as duplicates/uniques in a new column
• Merge cells from duplicate rows using delimiters
• Calculate numbers from dupe rows with 14 functions
The add-on also offers a variety of additional unique and duplicate scanning options:
• Case sensitivity
• Inclusion/exclusion of blank cells and rows
• Saving your session settings as a scenario for later use
30 DAYS OF FREE USE
With Remove Duplicates, you can find and delete duplicate and unique rows and cells for free within the 30-day trial period.
ANNUAL OR LIFETIME LICENSE
You can buy the annual license for the add-on for just $33.60 or use Remove Duplicates forever for a one-off charge of $59.90.
All payments are secure and include an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee.
Feel free to try the add-on out on this test spreadsheet:
If you have any questions about deleting duplicates in Google Sheets, please post them here:
We'll be happy to assist!
Remove Duplicates is a proud member of the Ablebits product family. We build add-ons that help you make the most of Google Workspace. Visit our official website to learn more:
***** V1.12 (5 May 2021) *****
★ New features ★
- Scenarios are finally available for Combine Duplicate Rows and Compare Sheets. Make sure to visit the related help pages for more details.
- Compare Sheets. If sheets of interest are in separate spreadsheets, you can add them for comparison from Drive straight from the add-on.
- Remove Duplicate Rows, Compare Sheets, Quick Dedupe. New action with found values is available – delete entire rows from the sheet.
- Auto-select the entire range by clicking the gray rectangle between column and row headers.
- The scenarios menu changed a bit: instead of 2 separate menus to 'Run' and 'View & manage', you will see a list of all saved scenarios under the corresponding menu item. Pick the scenario you need, and you'll be able to start or edit it.
- The width of the status column now expands automatically to fit its contents.
- Minor UX improvements.
- Couldn't process data if the range referred to columns only (e.g. A:D).
- Didn't work if you run the tools from a sheet with its own separate chart.
- Remove Duplicate Cells:
1. Fired an error if you selected an entire column as a custom location for the results.
2. Couldn't insert the result into a custom column.
- Compare Sheets:
1. Accepted incorrect ranges.
2. You couldn't change the range after pressing 'Cancel' in the pop-up notifications.
3. The 'Auto detect' button didn't revert matching columns to their default state after picking them manually.
- Combine Duplicate Rows: worked endlessly if the option to create a backup copy was selected.
1. Didn't work if run on the sheet with blank headers.
2. Didn't work right after making changes to scenario settings in the 'View & manage scenario' menu.
3. Didn't work with tables without headers when the range referred to columns only (e.g. A:D).
- Minor UX and UI issues.
***** V1.11 *****
★ New features ★
- Quick Dedupe. This one-step tool will instantly find and eliminate duplicates in your table. It colors and deletes, copies and moves dupes to a new sheet, as well as marks them in a status column.
- UX: auto-select behaviour. Now the add-on highlights only the table where your cursor stands rather than an entire used range.
- UI: images as hints are added. These schemes show how certain settings work. Each option has an "i" button next to its name. Click on it to open a related scheme within the add-on.
- How do you like the new Ablebits logo? ;) Other footer icons have also been updated.
- Combine Duplicate Rows. MODE and STDEV(P) returned the contents of unique cells. COUNT also processed cells without dupes incorrectly.
***** V1.10 *****
★ New features ★
- Combine Duplicate Rows. Now you can also combine rows of data that belong to some duplicate records. Merge cells and separate them with delimiters or calculate values from duplicate rows.
- The limit for total cells in a spreadsheet is expanded to 5 million cells.
- Compatibility with Acer Chromebook 11.
- Minor improvements.
***** V1.9 *****
★ New features ★
- Scenarios. Just save the settings you use most often and give this set a name – this is your scenario. Once you run it, your sheet will be processed right away, and you won't need to go over the same steps again.
- Minor improvements and text adjustments.
- Remove Duplicate Cells: copy and move results to a new location.
***** V1.8 *****
★ New features ★
- Find duplicate cells. You can find and process duplicate or unique cells within the selected range.
- Range selector UX. If you had a slow Internet connection or server response, you could get an incorrect range. We've significantly reduced that possibility.
- UX; the add-on will offer the most possible actions and warn about possible mistakes and lags.
- Small screens and minor issues UIs.
- Performance. The new version of the add-on processes colored cells faster.
- Removing Alternating colors.
- Corrupting main table formatting.
***** V1.7: We introduced yearly subscriptions, you can still enjoy a fully functional trial version of the add-on for 30 days.
***** V1.6: We fixed the issues you reported and made the add-on much faster!
***** V1.2: Take advantage of all Pro features for free: mark duplicate values in a separate column, copy or move the found rows to another sheet.